Happy Friday, my friends! I hope you have all been managing to find ways to stay warm (I often struggle with this!).
I usually find January and February to be very long, kind of dry-spell sort of months. It's after the rush of all the holidays, you have anxieties over paying your holiday bills, and the winter weather gets even more harsh. Heck, they even made an Arthur episode based on the long, dull winter after Christmas:
Ever since I did the Christmas Survey in December, I'd been trying to find one for February. I enjoy filling them out and thought they would be fun to share for other bloggers too. I couldn't find one so I made up my own, trying to incorporate other things for the month of February besides the obvious Valentine's Day. So here's my fun, 20-question survey for the month of February!:
1) What's your favourite part about February? I love any reason to decorate for a holiday so Valentine's Day is certainly no exception! I love the colours and hearts as it's something new and bright to put up in the house to help with the dull winter weather outside. (When I was a university student, Reading Week was very ideal too!)
2) What did you do for the Super Bowl? (do you watch it and / or have any predictions?) Brian and I got together with some friends at their place for food, drinks and we had our own "Superb Owl" poll going on. I didn't have any predictions other than pure guesses, as I really have no idea what goes on, lol.
3) What's your favourite Valentine's Day treat & drink? This is a hard one, lol I enjoy drinking my favourite Freixenet, a sparkling white wine but sometimes for Valentine's Day, I try to change it up with the theme of Fireball Whiskey -- it tastes like cinnamon hearts! For treats: I love Valentine's cupcakes (they're cute and pretty!) and Valentine's marshmallow treats (they're soft, yummy and dyed a light pink!).
4) How do you celebrate Family Day? In the past, we used to go to a brunch restaurant but these days, it's just an excuse for a nice day off ;) We may order some take-out and my Nonna will come over for some dinner.
5) Chocolate or cinnamon hearts? I love cinnamon hearts for a change but if I had to choose, I'll have to go with some traditional chocolate :)
6) What are some of your predictions for the Oscars? To be honest, I don't even really know the nominations for this year, hah I'm looking forward to watching them though. I love seeing the red carpet stuff with all the fancy dresses and I'm interested to see how Neil Patrick Harris will host this year.
7) Do you give up anything for Lent? In the past, I always did. I've contemplated coffee but then realized I needed that for survival. I've always tried giving up chips because they're my biggest weakness!
8) What are your favourite Valentine's Day traditions? As I mentioned, I love the decorations (the colours and hearts are so pretty!), painting my nails either a nice bright red or chic pink, and buying lots of yummy Valentine's treats to put out for company! It's a nice little day to have in the dead of winter, whether you're single and mingling or in a relationship.
9) When is the next Leap Year? Do you know anybody born on a Leap Year-Day? February 29th, 2016. My sister's friend, Justine, is born on a Leap Day.
10) What were the Groundhog's Day results? Good ol' Willie saw his shadow and said we could expect an early spring. But as I've said -- I beg to differ! (come on, it's Canada after all).
11) What's your ideal Valentine's Day date? Something fun, but also laid back. In the past, Brian and I have gone to an earlier movie then ordered take-out to bring back to my place. We'd sit around and eat, have some drinks and watch a movie. A perfect and fun, relaxing evening!
12) How do you continue to stay warm in the winter? Anyway I can! I always check the weather the night before and plan accordingly: extra layers, warmer sweaters, extra pairs of socks, a housecoat and pj's at home and super warm, ugg-like slippers. Making a warm tea or even a light coffee or soup at night is also simply delightful during cold temperatures.
13) Any favourite restaurants for Winterlicious? Some friends and I have been trying to research and plan a little Winterlicious dinner but it's been hard to organize this year! Everyone's busy with work and we haven't had much time to see the restaurants out there (if anyone knows of any good ones, do let me know!)
14) Do you send Valentine's cards? I actually have in the past! I always enjoyed sending a few to some of my close friends and family, attached with a little treat bag.
15) Who are you most looking forward to seeing at the Grammys? Ed Sheeran and AC/DC for sure!
16) Favourite February / Valentine's Day movies? The Notebook (a classic, of course), P.S. I Love You, The Wedding Singer, (I would say Titanic, but that is just way too sad!), Lady and the Tramp, 50 First Dates, The Long, Long Trailer, A Walk to Remember, Valentine's Day (I personally think this movie is very cheesy, but it's very well suited for the day!). I hear Love Actually and Stupid, Crazy Love are great too.
17) Favourite February / Valentine's Day books? Fifty Shades, the Twilight Series, Valentine Princess (by Meg Cabot)... I guess any good, cheesy love story :)
18) Are you a romantic or not? I may not play it up too much on the outside, but I definitely am! I once took a quiz that asked: "Which Valentine's Day candy are you?" and I got M&M's: a hard outer shell on the outside but soft on the inside; I thought that was pretty accurate. Plus, I love M&Ms!
19) How do you decorate for Valentine's Day? As always, I get my stuff from Dollarama: I put some red / heart garland around my bulletin board, display some pink and red candles (cinnamon and strawberry milkshake!), and basically put little red and pink glittery hearts around. I also keep a little basket out that holds some candies and occasional chocolate.
20) Are you a flowers & chocolate kinda gal (or more casual)? I definitely love the classic flowers and chocolate (who doesn't?!)
Enjoy your weekend!!