I love filling out a good survey and posting it for my readers! I did one for Christmas, the month of February, and Amanda at Small Home Big Start just filled out 'At My House Survey' (I'll probably be doing this one too, eventually!). The other day, my friend Kristen did a post on 10 Random Facts About Her - so I decided to do the same! (thanks, Kristen!). So here's a list on 10 Things You May Have -- Or May Not! -- Have Known About Me! :)
1) I Can See Clearly Now. I wear glasses. Many people don't know this because I'm always wearing contacts but the truth is, I'm blind as a bat!
2) The Outside Looks Normal... I have only one kidney, a cyst on one of my ovaries, and a mild case of scoliosis, which is slight curvature of the spine. (I sound a mess, don't I?) It's all part of a birth defect but otherwise - I'm perfectly healthy! The scoliosis actually prevents me from wearing spaghetti straps of any kind because they irritate my shoulders, so I can only wear tank tops or dresses that are thick-strapped and completely cross-over and support my back. Even purses give me a hard time! It may seem a little strange, but as long as I have secure back support, then there's no pain :)
3)Sign This. I have a small autograph collection. I have some from the cast of Harry Potter (including Robbie Coltrane who played Hagrid and Bonnie Wright who played Ginny not shown here), legendary film composer John Williams (Jaws, Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc.), the producer of the Beatles, George Martin and even Lindsay Lohan (she was my then-idol on the Parent Trap, believe it or not!). I also have one for Blue Jays' player Munenori Kawasaki (not shown here).
4) Maybe I'm A Lonely Girl Who's In The Middle Of Something... A few years ago, my sister and I went to a legendary Paul McCartney concert and got so caught up in the moment that we somehow thought it was a genius idea to make a YouTube video, go on the radio, and send it all to Ellen DeGeneres: asking if we could possibly meet him on her show. (It didn't quite fall through for some reason ...LOL).
5) Don't Panic! A couple of years ago, I thought I was dying - but it turned out to be nothing more than a panic attack. I had never experienced anything like that before! I went to the hospital, my family doctor, was briefly prescribed on anti-depressants to help "calm" me down - but in the end, it was this book that did the trick for me:
The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook by Edmund J. Bourne
I highly recommend it! Even if you're not experiencing full-blown panic attacks, everyone gets anxieties once and awhile. This workbook teaches you some great tips on helping to deal with those every-day worries, eating healthier, and ideas for some proper leisure and relaxation time!
6) In My Own Write. I've always dreamed of writing some sort of autobiography down the line. I've been very influenced by Cynthia Lennon's novel, John (I absolutely love her writing style!) and Lea Michele's Brunette Ambition. Plus, I have plenty of my old journals to draw material from!
7) Fear Of Blogging. When I first discovered the world of blogging, I was so excited for it but also extremely nervous. I didn't tell anybody about it in the beginning for fear of what others might think and I changed my URL domain about 3 times before I settled on this one and started telling people about it. Even now - I'm always slightly embarrassed when I tell people, "Yeah, I have a blog....lol" (what can I say, I guess I'm one of those "basic white girls" or whatever, LOL) but I just have so much fun with it that I can't help myself! (even if people are too polite to tell me otherwise and probably making the odd snicker / eye roll when I post something new). I'm always bubbling with ideas for a new post and it's such a fun creative outlet. Plus, you "meet" some great people through the blogging community and that makes it so much more worth it.
8) Say What, Now? The other day, my sister showed me the Twitter account called Worddiction (@worddiction) and after browsing it, I realized there was a name for something I totally have:
I'm not sure why, but this is me to a T! Whether it's about forgetting things from my past (hence, partly why I started writing in journals), being forgotten, or replaced in the future... I couldn't tell you why, but it's a phobia I always seemed to have. (Maybe I was severely abandoned in a past life or something? Lol, it's a mystery to me).
9) Summer Lovin' In the nice weather, I love nothing more than to be outside! I love taking walks, bike-riding, and reading in the backyard with the radio on. In fact, if I spend too much time inside, I feel guilty. Because I know the beautiful weather won't last too long, I try and take full advantage. I can hardly wait for the starting of spring!
10) Monica Geller. If I had to pick a character from Friends I could relate to the most, it would be Monica: we're both clean-freaks and always feel the need to please others before ourselves (though I'm definitely not as loud or competitive as her!)
But it works out, because Brian would most definitely be Chandler.
Maybe in a few months time, I'll write up another list as I've just thought of a few more things I could have added. Try it yourself - they are always so fun to fill out!
Happy Thursday!! (It's almost Friday!) :)