Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!! :D Whether you're Irish or not, St. Pat's is celebrated by many cultures and people love it - including, me! *Surprise, Surprise* My background isn't even Irish (I'm Italian) yet every year, I get totally psyched up for this fun day. Here's 10 reasons why I love this day so much!:
1) What's Not To Love? Seriously! It's the perfect excuse to get together with your friends for a good time and some fun, festive drinks! All things I love. Which leads me to the next reason:
2) The Drinks. I admit it: when I get together for a good time with friends, I become a social drinker. I laugh more, get excited easily and somehow end up in very interesting conversations. I love the green beers, Baileys Irish Cream, and even green shamrock cocktails.
3) The Music. I love Irish music! Whether it's the traditional bagpipes and Irish flute playing in the background or bands like the Pogues, Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys that make you bust a move - it all equals an extremely enjoyable time.
4) The Colour Green & Dressing Up. Green, and all shades of it, are one of my favourite colours. I love it because it reminds me of Spring and it's a very earthy, natural type of shade (which is why one wall in my room is painted a spring, mint green). Any excuse to wear the colour while dressing up in a ton of fun accessories equals a joyous time in my books!
5) Leprechauns, Rainbows & Shamrocks. I've always had a bit of a fantasy side in me: growing up, I loved unicorns and reading books that took place in a magical land (like, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings or the Unicorn Chronicles series). The somewhat-enchanted symbols associated with St. Patrick's Day, such as the leprechauns, the rainbow and the pot of gold at the end of it, and the luck of finding a four-leaf clover - all continue to fascinate me, and I love it.
6) The boyfriend is half Irish. Brian is half Irish after all (other half Italian). Naturally, I think it only makes sense that I "have to" love St. Patrick's Day. ;)
7) The food. I love food of all kinds and Irish food is certainly no exception. Mashed potatoes are one of my favourite meals ever! I also love Irish soda bread, Irish carrot soup, corned beef and coleslaw (for the cabbage part!)
8) Irish Culture. I don't know Irish culture too well, but I'm absolutely fascinated by it and curious to know more. (I think I must have been Irish in a past life). One of my dreams is to visit Ireland one day and take a Guinness tour.
9) Irish pubs. Similar to #8, I absolutely love the feel and vibe of a good Irish pub! They're usually laid back and have a good band playing.
10) Close To Spring. I love that St. Paddy's is a few days before the official start to Spring. The snow is finally starting to melt, the days are longer and things are slowly coming into bloom. St. Patrick's Day is almost like an ode to celebrate the end of the long winter and honour the warm weather that is to come.
And there you have it! What do you love about St. Patrick's Day? Let me know in the comments! I hope you all have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day today!!
~~ Top o' the morning to yeh, all!! :D