I was nominated last week to take part in The Blog Tour Award - my first ever award nomination! A huge thank you to the lovely Adele from The Girl in Glasses for nominating me: I first stumbled upon Adele's blog a couple of weeks ago and she is fabulous!
The award rules:
- Pass the tour on to at least four other bloggers.
- Give your nominees the rules and specify the Monday in which they should post their nomination answers.
- Answer the four questions about your creative processes, which allows other bloggers and visitors to understand what inspires you to do what you do.
- Compose this one-time post on a specific Monday (date TBC by your nominator)
1. How does your work differ from others in your genre?
It's all written from my day-to-day experiences and most of the photographs featured are entirely my own. I just write about what I know and what inspires me! I also haven't found a whole lot of Canadians out there in the blogging community so I'm definitely one of the few!
2. How does your writing/creative process work?
To be quite honest, I literally just wing it! I make more of a conscious effort throughout my week to take lots of photos on my camera - I'm a visual person so I love filling in most of my entries with photographs. If I'm absolutely stuck on an entry, I try and make a short and simple post, whether it be something crazy one of our cats did or just a few photos on the current weather. If you sign up for the mailing list at Mama's Losin' It, they'll send you a list of 'Writing Prompts' every week for writing ideas (very useful!)
3. Why do you write or create what you do?
I've always loved writing and recording about my life. As a kid, I wrote in journals and now in my early adult years, I've resorted to blogging since I'm on the computer lots for work. I have fun with it! And it's been a nice little hobby for me to do on the side. It'll be interesting to look back one day and see how my posts have evolved.
4. What are you working on at the moment?
We had no working internet all weekend! So I have to upload my photos from my phone and into Wordpress eventually - my sister and I went to an Ed Sheeran concert over the weekend and I can't wait to share a few photos and videos from the fabulous night!
These ladies are wonderful, friendly and very engaging with their fellow bloggers - not to mention, they have wonderful blogs sure to inspire!
As Adele stated for me - no worries if you can't / do not wish to participate :) It's all in good fun.
If you do wish to participate, share your Blog Tour Award Post on: Mon. June 15th.
Thank you once again to Adele! And to other bloggers, hope you have fun with it!