Happy 2017, folks! :) I hope you all had a nice New Year's and are either slowly getting back into the grind or enjoying the rest of your holiday break. As I start gearing up for the ol' routine, the Christmas decorations will soon be replaced by some basic winter themes and I'll try and squeeze in as much rest time as I possibly can. It seems to be the calm after the Christmas storm and these days, I don't seem to mind it as much! After all that food, wine, budgeting, family and friends time...it can really wear a person down. Now's the time to reflect on what's to come for the new year and what you can do to help get back into the swing of things. For me at the moment?:
- Go back to eating a little "healthier" after all those carbs and sugar from the Christmas goodies ;)
- Keep up the workouts
- Finish filling in the new planner you got for Christmas
- Start a light-hearted book to get you into the new year
- Also browse a self-help book section to help with those pesky anxieties
- Go back to managing your 'me' time by listening to your body and gut
I think it's one of the hardest, most draining things to have to go back to work or school after having a much deserved break. By listing these small pointers for myself, I hope it can help ease some of that tension you might also be feeling this time of year. The main thing? Take it easy! I think we all deserve to hear this saying more: Take it easy! Be good to yourself.
Let me know how it was for you as you got back into your regular routine and if you have any pointers! I could so do with some help or advice....!