Despite our up-and-down weather, Spring officially arrived almost two weeks ago. The biggest change I've noticed so far is how much lighter the evenings are getting! I love coming home from work now and still seeing some sunlight peaking through when it's well past 7 o'clock. It gives me more energy and overall puts me in a better mood. In fact, I've noticed these past few weeks that I've started doing things again that I seem to only do once Springtime rolls around. It kinda made me laugh just thinking about it and I've come to realize that these indeed, must be my annual spring rituals.
Here's what I typically start doing once Spring hits the city!:
- Spring cleaning. I'm currently in the process of clearing out and organizing my closet. So much stuff has accumulated over the years!
- Watching the Hills. It must be the sunny vibes of LA but every Spring, I'm always popping in these DVDs!
- Watching spring training baseball.
- Slowly putting away all my heavy sweaters and switching them out for lighter cardigans and flowy tunics.
- St. Paddy's and Easter decor goes up!
- Spring shopping! I go to the mall more in the evenings because I actually want to! I love going into stores like H&M and Chapters and seeing all the pastel colours out in full bloom.
- Treating myself to a pedicure. I'll be all set for beach-weather!
- A new spring purse. That's my goal this year!
- Contemplating on my birthday celebrations (it's April 20th. And while last year I went all out, I think I'll be laying completely low this year!)
- Turning on the table fountain more. I think the trickles of water remind me of little, spring brookes (I'm actually in the process of ordering a new one!)
- Planning out more spring and summer activities. Like bears in winter, I completely hibernate and don't go out much. Once the weather gets warmer, I can't wait to get outside after being cooped up, and talking about what we're gonna do gets me all excited.
- Spring walks will start up! It's still a bit chilly, but also good enough to get outside for some fresh air. Brian and I especially can't to start our "routes"!
What are your Spring rituals??